Meeting Summaries

January 2018

Trolley Patrol Board & Volunteer Meeting, Sunday, January 7, 2018, 5 PM

Hodgepodge Coffee Shop

Attending: Brent Huff, Uzo Okafor, Christian Mendonca, Susy Meier, Staci Turner

Greg sends his apologies, his duties in the Air Force Reserve kept him at Dobbins AFB this evening.

1) Greg's Update (Provided 1/8/2018):

My operations update: We've successfully signed up for Mobotour. We received 50 QR codes that can by positioned around the neighborhood if we want the officers to check in at various locations during their patrols. There's an app that will be downloaded onto the officer's iphone that will track their log-in and log out times, as well as their GPS positions, etc. Also, it can generate operational reports in a variety of ways. It's a subscription based service for $15/month. Many other neighborhoods that hire Coggins and his team use it both for accountability and member retention/recruitment as showing exactly when/where the patrols occur, as well as the officer's activity during those patrols.

2) Secretary's Update - Susy

a) Meeting minutes from last session - Nothin outstanding

b) Registration - has to be done between 1/1 and 4/30 - Susy will do in the next few weeks and send copy of payment to Brent for reimbursement.

3) Treasurer's Update - Brent

a) Financials - We are on solid ground in terms of revenue in and payments out, as long as we remain in 20 hours/week patrol hours. Brent has the paperwork ready for the tax return for 2017 to pass to the accounting firm who does the work for us pro bono. Brent has requested the missing invoices from Coggins. Per Brent, we would need $3,000 to increase patrols from 20 to 30 hours a week for Nov/Dec time period. Purging out of the WA system of the long time lapsed members would save us money each month; Brent will export and circulate the list to the group. He will wait for feedback before purging the members.

b) Membership Numbers - 1 new member since WinterFest. # is 141 as of 1/6/18.

4) Membership Coordinator Update - Christian

a) Welcome

b) 2018 Initiatives -

What has happened to those members who have dropped? Recapture lapses, start with email and phone call.

Sr Citizen Membership Price Point

Door to Door - we need elevator speeches on value of TP, how often to go (1x a year)

Ring, Nest - other security partners for fundraising, opportunity for members to purchase, Possible inclusion at February meeting.

(i) Recapture Lapses (Jonathan Keith) Greg, more info?

(ii) Membership Drives - see initiatives above

5) Fundraising Coordinator Update - Follow up with Mandy

a) Maker's Festival - Silent Auction

b) Second Initiative for 2018

6) Communications Coordinator Update - Staci

a) Welcome

b) January Newsletter Update

c) Initiatives & plans for 2018

Consistent FB presence

Needs content - updates on what officers are doing, dependable crime stats (Christian has a good link, will send over; Susy will create Google doc of links)

Welcome packet for new residents (Susy to send packet developed several years ago)

Sponsorships - Businesses, restaurants, etc. Find ways if they can’t donate money - logo on to-go menu, mentions at trivia night, etc.

Twitter - auto cross posts from FB. Susy will check to see if she has password, otherwise will get login info from Jamie Martin.

7) Webmaster Update - Uzo

Holiday version of donate back down; Uzo doesn’t have impressions from while it was up, so is looking to Google Analytics to gather this type of info.

Uzo and Christian to look into beefing up the OPCA web page (and include TP link.)

Opt In for text messaging for our members? Do we have budget to support this? Uzo researching cost and supportability.

8) Greg's Close-Out Remarks

a) Next Meeting (six weeks out) - Meet before the Feb members meeting? Decide date after we have event date. Suggestion is later in Feb as possible.

Questions to follow up on:

What is lead time to increase patrol hours? (In order to increase hours during holidays, etc)

Will we “stockpile” the fundraising money for these key periods? (Holidays, summer)

Brent to play with vacation request data to see if trends, we can predict when more hours would be needed, etc

Thank you note to donors from this season

How can we get testimonials and info from the officers on what they see and do when they are on patrol?

Brent to send flyer to Staci; Susy to send Ormewood Park welcome packet

Susy to get Uzo info on TrolleyPatrol@gmail.com email address. (Login Info)

Membership survey after Feb members meeting - follow up on meeting content, would you want text messages, etc.

February Members Meeting date?

November 2017

Trolley Patrol Board and Volunteer Meeting Summary, 11-19-17
Present: Greg Swartzberg, Brent Huff, Susy Meier, Mandy Lane, Uzo Okafor, Lauren O’Brien (phone)
The Board and Volunteers met on Sunday, 11/19/2017 at Greg Swartzberg’s home.

Greg welcomed everyone and introduced our new fundraising chair, Mandy Lane. He thanked everyone for their work to this point, and thanked our outgoing communications chair, Lauren, for all she has done to get our communications program up and running, including the recent video for the website and Facebook page.

Trolley Patrol welcomes Staci Turner to the role of Communications Coordinator. Staci is going to build on the solid foundation created by Lauren O'Brien. Her first initiative will be ensuring our participation in Ormewood Park's Winterfest and enhancing our visibility prior to the event so that neighbors will know they have an opportunity to meet the volunteers that day in advance of the open members/neighbors meeting planned for February.

We have a list of five or six potential volunteers from this week's facebook conversation. Greg is reaching out to each one to try to get all the volunteer positions staffed to 100% prior to the start of calendar year 2018. Currently, we seek a Membership Coordinator and an Operations Coordinator, as well as a few "at large volunteers" to assist various membership drives and fundraising initiatives planned for 2018.

Brent updated us on the membership and treasury. The Trolley Patrol currently has 142 members. At the current patrol rate, we are still slightly in the black. Two new members joined in the last week.

Mandy reported on her ideas for fundraising, including reaching out to the neighborhood churches and a silent auction (more to come on this as other organizations are looped in.) She discussed the need for clear goals, how the TP in our lesser covered neighborhoods can help all of the neighborhoods and the need to expand membership to those areas. We have one business member of the TP, and need to look at how do we get sponsorships from other area businesses.

Mandy & Greg are going to team up to ensure Trolley Patrol has a strong presence at the Maker's festival. We plan to have a booth, similar to but better than last year's. We aim to have additional information for neighbors/members, opportunities to facilitate sign-up of new members, and Q&A with the volunteers and the head patrol officer.

Uzo updated the website status, the bios of the Board members are now included and the video is up on the home page. (All at http://trolleypatrol.com/ ) We want to include anecdotal/testimonials from members on the website and in the newsletter. An FAQ will be developed for the website including a contact line if the question doesn’t fully answer the member’s concerns.

Other items:
Next meeting to be held on Sunday, Jan 7, 2018 at 5 PM. All volunteers are welcome, any members with concerns are welcome. Members can send a message over the Trolley Patrol Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TrolleyPatrol/ ) or email admin@trolleypatrol.com for information on the meeting or to make us aware of any concerns or issues they would like us to be aware of or discuss. These meetings will be held every 6 weeks in 2018.
Look for an all members meeting in February. More information to come on time and location. We welcome all members and prospective members.

September 2017

The Trolley Patrol Board met on Sunday, September 18, along with our web master Uzo Okafor, to review the status of the organization and plan for recruitment of new members. After a year together, the organization remains stable and is no longer on the backs of only two volunteers. (Continued thanks to Jamie and Eddie!) Invoices with Bannaret are caught up and accuracy has improved.

We are working on the goals for 2018, focusing on growth. Flyers have been developed and will be printed and sent to households which have sold in the last 12 months and are not currently Trolley Patrol members. Uzo continues to finetune the web site and bring ideas for technological advancements. A survey will be done of the membership to determine what messaging options they would like to see from the TP.

The TP has a fund-raising coordinator! Greg will meet with her to get the ball rolling on that endeavor. More funds will mean more patrols. An Operations coordinator would still be a huge asset to the organization.

Next meeting to be in November.


May 2017

The Trolley Patrol Board and Committee Chairs have been meeting on a regular basis to work through various communication, membership, marketing, and finance related initiatives. The May meeting was held on Saturday, May 13, and this summary was written by Trolley Patrol Secretary, Suzy Meier.

Communications Chair Lauren O'Brien presented a draft of the May newsletter, and discussed marketing materials, social media updates and an upcoming neighborhood watch training. Uzo Okafor, who is looking to revamp our Trolley Patrol web site, updated the Board on the progress of upgrading the website and other software tools which might prove useful to us and which possibly can be accessed for free. Brent Huff, Treasurer, advised that the TP is currently looking positive to break even for the current amount of weekly patrols and the number of members. All invoices to Banneret (supplier of our officers) are now current. Greg Swartzberg, President, advised the Board that he is working with Banneret on various operational aspects.

Atlanta City Councilwoman Carla Smith joined the meeting, and gave input on contacts in the various neighborhoods within the Trolley Patrol footprint. This is much appreciated as we want to begin marketing to the areas which have lower numbers of members. She also advised on city resources which may be tapped into for information and coordination.

The next meeting is planned for late June.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software