About the Trolley Patrol
What is the Trolley Patrol?
The Trolley Patrol is a non-profit corporation that contracts through MDS Protective Service, Inc. in hiring uniformed, off-duty City of Atlanta police officers to patrol our streets in their own, unmarked cars. The officers carry police radios and are able to immediately respond to 9-1-1 calls. Additionally, they carry a cell phone provided by The Trolley Patrol.
What are the Member Benefits?
Members currently receive the following benefits. More member benefits will be added as the service matures.
- Trolley Patrol Hotline: private cell phone carried by our officers
- Vacation Patrols: ability to request increased patrols around your home while you are out of town
- Access to the Members-Only section of this website, including
- Officer's Notebook: beat updates from our APD/Trolley Patrol officers
- Moderated Discussion Groups: no more disgruntled listserv "flames"
- Citizen's Watch: photo gallery of suspicious persons and surveillance video
- Member Directory
- Zone 6 Crime Statistics
- Safety Tips and Resources
- Online Police Scanner
- Peace of mind and reduced crime!
What does Membership Cost?
Membership for households is $30 per month collected quarterly ($90) or annually ($330). Membership for businesses is $50 per month collected quarterly ($150) or annually ($500). Businesses may also sponsor additional hours.
Trolley Patrol yard signs are available to quarterly members at a cost of $15/sign. Payments for yard signs can be made via the donations tab. Annual memberships include one yard sign at no extra cost.
Payments can be made online using a credit card or by check. In both cases, you must first complete the Membership Application.
Donations of time, paper, envelopes, and photocopying are very much appreciated.